Chocolate Mousse, simply delicious! This chocolate mousse is sinful, with a light and airy texture. We love to top ours with chocolate savings or a fruit reduction (raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry).
*We found this recipe online from Bobby Flay, we loved it so much that we had to post it. Enjoy!*
- 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups of cold heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl and set it over a pot of water set at a low simmer making sure that the water does not touch the bowl (double boiler effect). Stir your chocolate until it is melted. Once melted, turn off the heat, remove the bowl from the top of the simmering water, and let it stand/cool at room temperature.
- Beat your cream until it forms soft peaks.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg whites into soft peaks. Once soft peaks are formed, gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Fold in the chocolate into the egg whites using a whisk. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.