Lately, I’ve been craving meat and can’t get enough of it. I used to be a vegetarian, vegan, and then pescaterian. I am no longer restricting from meat, fish, chicken, etc., and quite enjoy a nice simple piece of meat once in a while. Max and I prefer to cook pork sirloin steak and it is very easy to cook. Before I met Max, I had no idea how to cook a piece of steak and believe me, I will be visiting this recipe often, just in case I forget how to. Enjoy!
- Top Sirloin Steak (the amount depends on how many steaks you want to cook). We cooked one.
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Season the steak on both sides with sea salt
- Heat a medium pan over high heat until hot, but not smoking. If it gets smoky, remove from the heat and let cool. Once the pan is hot, place the steak in the pan and let cool, without touching, for 3 to 4 minutes, until a dark crust forms on the bottom of the steak.
- Flip your steak and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. The steak is now medium rear. If you like your steak medium well, read the next step.
- Place your steak in an oven set at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. You can check the doneness of the meat with the finger test (google it) or with a thermometer. For pork, Medium is 160° F and Well done is 170° F