Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake
Delicious Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake perfect by itself, with frosting, fruit, and more. If you would rather not use eggs, you can leave them out, they will not rise as much, but the pound cake still comes out delicious. If you are not gluten free and don’t want to use rice flour, you can use all purpose flour, wheat flour, and any other flour that you would rather use.
Once you make our Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake, you will make it over and over again.
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature (don’t throw out the butter wrapper)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of butter milk
- 1/3 cup of organic Orange Juice (pulp free)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon of orange zest
- 2 eggs
- Dry Bowl: Combine your flour, baking soda, and sea salt
- Whet Bowl: mix together your butter milk, 2 eggs, orange juice, vanilla extract, and orange zest
- In a mixer, whip your stick of butter until smooth and airy. Add sugar to your whipped butter until well combined.
- Once your butter and sugar are well combined, add your wet and dry bowls alternating between both until fully mixed, finishing with your flour mixture.
- Take your butter wrapper to butter two mini loaf pans, ours are 5 3/4 x 3 inches; use your finger to smooth it around the pans. Once buttered, add your mixture into both pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.