There is nothing better than having a deliciously clean cheesecake during holidays… and every other day… that leaves you feeling great and wanting more, quite a difference from the usual Holiday desserts that leave you feeling bloated, uncomfortable, and at times… gassy. When I first met Max, the only cheesecake that I had came from our nearby Publix and I always imagined that making your own cheesecake at home would involve heavy labor and a staff of five helpers. Well, I ended up being very, very wrong. Max showed me how to make this easy and simple cheesecake recipe and it is the best cheesecake that I have had. It was so easy to make and you only need to take about 15 minutes out of your day to prep the ingredients before putting the cheesecake in the oven. The beauty of this simple cheesecake recipe is that you know exactly what ingredients you are putting into it, we used all organic, and you can eat this deliciously rich cheesecake as is, with a fruit reduction, or with freshly whipped cream. It’s your call on how you decide to serve it, but I love serving it as is, you can taste the richness of the ingredients and every taste takes me to a farmhouse where all the ingredients where locally made… we can dream right?
This Simple Cheesecake Recipe is easy to make and it doesn’t require many ingredients
To make this Simple Cheesecake Recipe at home, all you will need is: Graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, butter, and hot water. One of the fun things about this recipe is that you bake the whole cheesecake in an aluminum foil wrapped springform pan placed in a large roasting pan filled halfway with hot water. This water bath is the key to a perfect cheesecake and the water bath method ensures that your cheesecake bakes gently, so it won’t darken or curdle. Enjoy!
- 5 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 4 (8oz) cream cheese containers, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot water
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch springform pan. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the graham cracker crumbs, making sure that the whole bottom is covered with the crumbs.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until they are well mixed. Then, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the vanilla.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan, then wrap the entire bottom and sided on the springform pan with aluminum foil. Place the springform pan in large roasting pan and add the hot water, enough water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Place within the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the top of the cheesecake is lightly brown.
- Cool the cake, remove from the springform pan, and refrigerate until ready to serve.