I love using Mascarpone in a variety of my dessert recipes, the Mascarpone has a tangy and sweet taste that’s hard to replicate or find in other ingredients. This Mascarpone Mousse recipe is so clean and easy to make that I have used it in our White Russian Cake and perfectly enjoy it on it’s own or topped with some freshly cut fruit. I decided to add Vanilla Bean to the Mascarpone Mousse, although you can use Vanilla extract, or leave the Vanilla out completely, it’s your call. The mousse texture in the Vanilla Bean Mascarporne Mousse is light and airy, the perfect recipe for anyone looking to please a family, crowd, or themselves. You can top your Mascarpone Mousse with chocolate shavings, chocolate covered nuts, fresh cut fruit or a delicious fruit reduction.
- Half a cup of Mascarpone Cheese
- One Vanilla Bean (seeds scraped from the pod)
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Two egg whites
- Whip the heavy cream, mascarpone cheese and vanilla bean seeds until soft peaks are formed
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg whites into soft peaks. Once soft peaks are formed, gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream mixture.
- Gently pour your mixed mixture into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.